Classic Hampton's Style Bedroom
Creating a beautiful bedroom that inspires relaxation and calm is easy to achieve with our 5 Must-have Bedroom Essentials.
1) A beautiful Bed (or bedhead). Your bed is often the focal point of your room, so it's important to choose this piece first. We love the softness that an upholstered bed inspires. Our favourite upholstered bedhead is Harper for her classic lines and neutral fabric, making it the perfect starting point to anchor your bedroom colour scheme. A classic shape that will transition well over time;simply timeless.
Our timber Coralie bed makes a gorgeous statement in any coastal-inspired home. Avalible in a full timber option for a relaxed country approach.
2) Side Tables. Resist the urge to match your bedside tables to your bed. Create a collected layered look which incorporates colour and texture. If space allows, size up (you won't regret it) and opt for a nightstand bedside table, especially if you have a King bed. Re-imagining a small console or small desk can also work well.
We adore our Coralie Nightstand for its neutral hue, practical drawer and cane shelf which looks gorgeous when styled with a decorative box, basket, stack of books or a casual collection of hats.
3) Artwork. Art is key to making a house a home and gives your space personality and a layered lived-in feel. Just a few pieces of Art can totally transform your space. We love to decorate with vintage art or moody abstract landscapes especially in bedrooms. We're loving EVERYTHING from Jess Blazejewski. Scour vintage stores or Etsy for unique one-off pieces. Botanicals are a great choice for classic Hampton's style bedrooms.
Browse our Art collection here.
4) Rug. Nothing feels better than waking up in the morning and sinking your toes into a soft rug. Rugs can be a great way to introduce pattern and colour into your bedroom whilst providing an extra layer of comfort and texture. We favour traditional-style rugs in a range of soft hues for the ultimate relaxing bedroom retreat. Our favourites include; Bali in Blue, Emma in Blue, and Masinissa.
5) Lamps. Soft lamp lighting makes everything look better. Sconces are the perfect solution for late-night reading as they offer direct light. With so many great lamps to choose from in various price points, browse our collection here and find your perfect lamp.
BONUS STYLING TIPS;
- Choose a calming colour palette. We love decorating with soft blues or greens or neutrals.
- Add layers to your bedroom to create a cocoon-like effect. Bedding and cushions are a great starting point, but consider a beautiful bench or upholstered accent chair. We love the casual coastal feel of our Shoreline bench and it provides a great place to put on your shoes (or store your cushions).
- Welcome the cooler months and switch up your bedding for warmer tones in rich colours and texture. We're loving mossy greens paired with ochre colours or deep blues.
Looking to update your bedroom but not sure where to start? We're offering two complimentary bedroom mood board concepts this month. Simply get in touch with us at: email@example.com and let's get started.